Friday, July 12, 2013

Mermaids and Thank Yous

Good  morning!  Mom is in for her surgery now, so I guess I'll update tomorrow on that situation.  I'm heading out with Cass this morning so she can go buy a few new things before she heads back East for her Summer trip.  She also has a little part-time job this weekend dog-sitting for a giant Golden Retriever whose name, appropriately enough, is Bear.  So we have to pick up Bear on our way home, too.  So I'm just posting my cards quickly - first up we have a new challenge for you at:


I used 558 - Ahmea Mermaid, colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits and a little True Blue & Lime Green Stickles.  Papers are from MME, I added some pearl stickers to her hair and some gemstone stickers as accents, then added the text stickers.  She's one of my favorite Dilly Beans images, I just adore all of Megan's mermaids.

And we also have a new challenge for you at:



I am also entering this into the:


I chose this fun image because I wanted to make a "thank you for your friendship" card for a friend of mine, and the sentiment was just perfect.  I used True Blue Stickles on her fancy boots and colored the rest of her with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits.  Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Such fun Dp's! Love the added glitter on both adorable cards. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance, I thought the skull and crossbone was part of the card. LOL. Great job with the coloring. Thanks for playing at ATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling mermaid card! She's a real cutie!
    And love your thank you card--such fun colors! Love the sentiment you added, too!
    Hope everything went well with your mom!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT designs - LOVE your mix of patterns and colors - makes me wish I dared to mix more (-:
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thank you card is adorable. Oh interesting with the chemo angel-project. I wish I could find something similar here in Sweden... I mean, then it would be half the shipment cost. I sometimes send letters to cancer-sick children or through Love letters, but they ALL go to U.S. (or sometimes U.K. too). It really seems like there's no such thing here. I have been thinking about starting up something similar, but I don't know how really.

    ReplyDelete