Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Birthday Wish & Imagination

Oh yay - the sun is out, the sun is out!  It's amazing how different I feel when the sun is not shining.  My favorite part about moving to California is the sunshine - it truly feels good for my mind, body, and soul.  It just rained for 3.5 days, which was the most rain I've seen since moving here over a year ago!  So I was very happy to wake up to sunshine today!  :)

My first card is for the following challenges:



 This was a birthday card I made on commission for a friend's daughter whose first name starts with the letter "M".  The image is from Saturated Canary, and I colored her with ajl, sentiment is from Desert Diva (freebie).  Papers are from My Mind's Eye.  :)  "M" sticker and gemstone brads are from my stash.

And my next card is for the following challenges:

All That Stickles: Firefly
Some Odd Girl (sketch below)



I printed Mad Hatter Kody rather large and then cropped out his body, colored him with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits, along with Stickles in Firefly and Orange Peel.  My papers are from doodlebug design inc. and the tape & text sticker are both from the Tim Holtz idea-ology line.  Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Such fun cards!
    Thanks for joining us over at the Some Odd Girl blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made Mad Hatter Kody so big. Great idea and great take on the sketch! I'm glad you played along with us at SOG this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very girly and cute indeed :) thanks for joining penny's challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! That's the fun thing about digits -- the ability to re-size. Thanks for linking up with us at All That Stickles! Julie, DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautifully colored & designed! And I am with you about the sunshine! (Except we are supposed to climb to 119 tomorrow--eeek!)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards!! Both images are wonderful!! Very sweet!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and fun creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Thanks for joining us at CFAS.
    Cindy DT.

    ReplyDelete