Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Thoughts on Boston & WW: B & W & One Other Color

Good morning, friends.  As most of you know, I'm from Massachusetts. It's a small state and if you're from MA, you're from Boston.  The bombings on Monday at the Boston Marathon hit me hard, harder than these things normally do.  Which is hard.  And it's sad that I actually have a standard by which to judge these things.  *sigh* It's been a tough couple of days, and I just wanted to say that my thoughts are with everyone in my home state and throughout the entire country.  

  Anyway, my daughter (who turns 18 next week) is in Massachusetts with my family.  I can hardly even put into words how awful it feels to be so far away from her right now.  From everyone I love.  It's more than just missing them, it's a physical ache.  I hate it.  I don't think I've missed my family, friends, and hometown this much since I moved out here. I am heading there for a visit from May 7 until May 16, bringing my daughter back home with me, and it just seems so far away.

I couldn't even write a blog post yesterday, I didn't know what to say.  Because so many thoughts and emotions go through you at a time like this - anger, shock, sadness, more anger... and I sure do love my social media, but man.  People just think that they have a right to say anything at all - to anyone at all.  And I guess they do have the right - but maybe they should also use a teeny, tiny bit of common sense, no?  I'm absolutely 100% sure that being hateful and spouting negativity are not going to make anything better.  If anything, they make things worse.  I'm extremely sensitive and emotional, I cry a lot because I feel things very deeply.  But I still try really hard to be positive, to focus on all of the beautiful and wonderful things instead of the terrifying and horrible things.  So you won't find me posting anything but helpful information and uplifting stories.  It's a small act, but it's something I feel very strongly about and I believe it makes a difference.  Imagine if we ALL did that - refused to help spread the hate, but only spread the good, positive stories and pictures?  I don't know if it will make a difference, but it sure does help me sleep at night.

I'm sending you all a big hug.  Because we're Americans, and things like state lines, religions, economical classes - they just don't matter when tragedies happen.  We're all Bostonians.  Just like we were all New Yorkers when 9/11 happened.  And by the way, New York, thank you for playing our Sweet Caroline after the 3rd inning last night - so classy.  And thank you, Chicago, for posting this on the front page of one of your newspapers Tuesday morning:


Yes, we're all Boston.  And it doesn't matter if I'm living right next door or 3000 miles away, I'll always be Boston.  Thank you for your support, everyone.  Please pray for peace and love and send positive energy to those who need it.
***************************************
We have a new challenge for you today at:



Our sponsor this week is Lacy Sunshine, head on over to see the rest of the DT's creations and to play along.

I am entering my "poppies" ATC into the:

and
 and

Stay safe, my friends.  Peace.

11 comments:

  1. You have such a way with words, Jenn. I knew you had to be a mess on Monday. I also knew you were hurting and wanted to be back there to help and be supportive. I'm thankful you were in Cali and not in the crowd in Boston somewhere. Stay strong. You'll be back there soon enough to spread your rainbows and love to everyone in person.
    Big hugs,
    Glo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. The care and concern of my friends is definitely felt and appreciated. I love you. xo

      Delete
  2. Wow.....what a great post and although I reside in another country altogether I can only hope for peace for us all as well ~ only positive thoughts! Your Poppies ATC is so cute with the feather embellishment. Thanks for adding it to the One Crazy Stamper challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute ATCs Jenn. You definitely have a way with words. It was such a senseless act. The prayers will definitely be there. Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog this month. We hope you will join us again soon. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Jenn. Your post touched me so that I'm speechless and a little teary eyed. I so admire your caring, loving, positive attitude and how you are able to express your emotions so eloquently. I do have to say I'm also proud of my hometown Chicago for publiclyshowing their love and support. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with all those affected by this senseless act. Huge hugs, Sweetie. And BTW, your ATCs are both just precious! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horrible tragedy - it's all over the news here and in the papers - so sad. My thoughts are with you Jenn and everyone affected.

    Love your gorgeous ATC's - they are so sweet and I think they are just perfect for this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, you said it so beautifully! Thank you. I am going to email you something I received that resonates with me, too. :^)
    Love both of your ATC's--they are so darling, wonderfully designed & colored & embellished! :^)
    Biggest hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ATCs, thanks for joining us at the Crafters Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your creations and I hope that all someday will be safe and sound and world peace will be achieved...thks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper..Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects are wonderful! Great post. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee I'm glad you like them, Chana, but I didn't enter the 613 Avenue Create challenge... but I AM glad you told me about it. LOL :)

      Delete